Located at I-84 & Eagle Road Across From St. Luke's - Meridian Medical Center
Dr. David Blackmer, a Boise Podiatrist and Foot Doctor is here to help you build a strong and healthy foundation by addressing any foot and ankle problems that may be keeping you from being your best self. We believe that your feet are the foundation of your body. When you are experiencing a problem with your feet, it affects your well being. These problems can make it difficult to manage all aspects of your life in a healthy and productive way and seeing a Podiatrist could be the right answer. Dr. Blackmer understands this and takes his commitment to your foot health seriously.
The doctor has enjoyed serving patients from the Treasure Valley, Magic Valley and Wood River Valley since 1986 and has performed thousands of foot & ankle procedures.
Immediate Appointments Available:
For patients that have acute conditions that need immediate care, such as infected ingrown toenails and severe foot pain, the doctor keeps open appointment slots so you may often be seen the same day.
Below is a partial list and be sure to check with our office or your carrier prior to your appointment
- Blue Cross of Idaho – Traditional, PPO, FEP
- Blue Cross Connected Care Commercial (St. Alphonsus Health Alliance)
- First Choice Health Network
- First Health
- Humana: Choice Care, PPO, HMO
- Idaho Physicians Network (IPN): PacificSource Commercial - Cigna - Triwest - Moda
- Idaho Medicaid
- Moda - Connexis and IPN
- PacificSource Medicare Advantage
- Providence Health Plan
- Railroad Medicare Group Plan CD8662
- Regence Blue Shield of Idaho
- St. Alphonsus Health Alliance
- St. Luke's Health Plans - Select Health, Brightpath, PacificSource
- Sterling Health Plan
- Call for more..........
About Dr. Blackmer:
Dr. David A. Blackmer is a native of Michigan where he received his undergraduate education at the University of Michigan and Central Michigan University. The doctors medical education consists of a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine at Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine along with training at The Cleveland Clinic, Tuscon Veterans Administration Hospital and Intermountain Podiatry Clinic in Salt lake City, Utah.
Dr. Blackmer has received additional advanced certifications in Foot and Ankle Surgery, PinPoint FootLaser, CO2 laser surgery, ankle arthroscopy, advanced osteosynthesis, endoscopic plantar fasciotomy, endoscopic decompression of intermetatarsal neuroma and hundrends of hours of continued medical education.
Along with being appointed by two Idaho governors to serve on the Idaho State Board of Podiatry, Dr. Blackmer is the past president of the Idaho Podiatric Medical Association and became a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association in 1985. Dr. Blackmer has consulted for a leading Electronic Medical Records (EMR) company and developed/consulted numerous Ambulator Surgery Centers and specialty clinics.
Special foot and ankle interest include:
- Ingrown toenail permanant correction with minimal discomfort and recovery.
- PinPointe FootLaser for the treatment of Onychomycosis (toenail fungus) since 2009. Dr Blackmer was one of the first doctors in the country to be trained in and offer this treatment.
- Combination Electrochemical Therapy for the treatment of Neuropathy.
- Heel pain treatment, both surgical and non-surgical. One of the first doctors in the Untied States trained by Dr. Stephen Barrett in Endoscopic Plantar Fasciotomy technique.
- Reconstructive foot surgery.
- Non-Surgical Care of Foot Pathologies. Even though Dr. Blackmer has performed thousands of foot and ankle surgical procedures, his focus is on non-surgical treatment options prior to considering surgical intervention.
Dr. Blackmer actively enjoys backcountry skiing, snowshoeing, hiking/backpacking, mountaineering, running, cycling, weight training, big game hunting and exploring the Idaho wilderness.
Dr. David A. Blackmer, D.P.M.
Call Today To Make Your Appointment!